2022 IPAD GIVEAWAY CONTEST
TRANSIMPACT GRI CAMPAIGN
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THESE OFFICIAL RULES (“RULES”) GOVERN YOUR ENTRY IN THE CONTEST AND ARE A LEGALLY BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, LINKEDIN, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, AND GOOGLE.
- CONTEST DESCRIPTION. The GRI Campaign Giveaway Contest (“Contest”) is a contest giveaway sponsored by TransImpact, LLC. This Contest consists of submitting an entry guessing the average of the announced FedEx and UPS General Rate Increases for 2023. Entrants (“Entrant” “you” or “your”) will be eligible to win a prize subject to these Rules.
- SPONSOR. The Contest is sponsored by TransImpact, LLC (“Sponsor”), with its principal office located at 8921 Crew Drive, Emerald Isle, NC 28594-1927. This Contest is in no way sponsored by FedEx.
- The two (2) Entrants of the winning group which is the group closest to the number of the average 2023 GRI increase by FedEx and UPS will win a prize (individually, a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”). The Winners will be selected by Sponsor on the basis of the criteria set forth above. In the event more than two (2) Entrants tie, the Winners will be selected by Sponsor based on the earliest of the submissions, as determined by Sponsor based on its records. Each of the Winners will receive the following prize: one (1) Apple iPad 10.2-inch, 256GB, 9th generation. The approximate retail value of the prize value is $479.00. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor.
Winner is responsible for all taxes and all other expenses not included in the prize. All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the Winner. The prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, express or implied, of any kind. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period (defined below). No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for a prize is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if the prize or any portion of the prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Actual retail value of the prizes (“ARV”) or prize components may differ from the above stated ARV and prize components. Sponsor will not award any difference between actual value and ARV. Actual prizes may differ from any promotional images. Winner is responsible for all federal, state, or local taxes associated with prize acceptance.
WINNER NOTIFICATION; VERIFICATION. The Winners will be notified by email within a reasonable amount of time after the announcement. If a potential Winner cannot be reached by Sponsor within fifteen (15) days from the time notification initially was sent, using the contact information provided at the time of entry, Winner shall forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to Winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. Upon the request of Sponsor, the Winner may be required to return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Prize Acceptance Form and IRS W-9 form.
Once verified, the Winners will be announced on January 6, 2023.
- ODDS. The odds of winning the Contest depend on the number of eligible entries received by Sponsor.
- ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, you must be (a) an individual who is at least 21 years of age or older at the time of entry, or (b) a business (that provides an individual contact who is at least 21 years of age or older at the time of entry). The Contest is only open to those Entrants who are legal residents of the USA. Employees of Sponsor, including the immediate families of such employees (i.e., parents, guardians, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) regardless of where they reside; any person living in the same household of such employees, whether or not related to such employee; or Sponsor’s respective affiliated companies, management companies, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and marketing companies (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”) are not eligible to enter the By entering the Contest, you agree to waive any and all claims against Sponsor or Sponsor Entities for personal injury, damage or loss of any kind which may result from participation in the Contest or from the receipt, use, ownership or enjoyment of any prize.
- HOW TO ENTER. To enter, go to http://www.TransImpact.com(“Website”) and follow instructions to submit your guess. Sponsor is not responsible for late, illegible, inaccurate or incomplete entries or entries not received for any reason. Entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple e-mail addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent these Rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent these Rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest commences at 8:00AM (Eastern Time) on September 6, 2022 and ends at 5:00 PM (Eastern Time) on September 26, 2022 (“Contest Period”). All entries must be received by 5:00 PM (Eastern Time) on September 26, 2022, unless FedEx and/or UPS makes their respective announcement prior to the Contest Period end date, then all eligible entries must be received by 5:00 PM (Eastern Time) on the day immediately prior to the day of the earliest announcement. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for entry into the Contest. No entries into the Contest will be accepted before or after the Contest Period.
- GENERAL PRIZE TERMS. No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or prize component) for an item of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Nothing in these Rules shall obligate Sponsor to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited. By entering, you grant to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use your submitted entry, along with your name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by you, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use a Winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical information, photograph, etc., other materials submitted for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering or accepting a prize, you as an Entrant and the Winner shall hold Sponsor and its promotional partners, its directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless from liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property (including death) relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the prize. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to any Winner who is unable to accept the prize as described herein.
- INTERNET. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select Winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE COMPETITION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE SOUTH CAROLINA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE COMPETITION AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA SHALL GOVERN THE COMPETITION. YOU WAIVE ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Winner, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. SPONSOR IS PROVIDING THE CONTEST ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. SPONSOR DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE CONTEST OR THE TECHNOLOGY USED TO PROVIDE IT: (I) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE, (II) WILL BE FREE OF DEFECTS, INACCURACIES OR ERRORS, OR (III) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR ENABLE YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN IT. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE MADE EXPRESSLY IN THESE RULES, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. NONE OF SPONSOR OR SPONSOR ENTITIES WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RELATING TO LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL), WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION ON WHICH THEY ARE BASED, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OCCURRING.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING FROM, RELATING TO, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE RULES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS RELATING TO THE NETWORK) EXCEED THE ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET COSTS PROXIMATELY CAUSED YOU BY SPONSOR’S BREACH OF THESE RULES.
- GOVERNING LAW. This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to its principles of conflict of laws. The North Carolina courts (State and Federal) shall have sole jurisdiction of any controversies or claims regarding the Contest and the laws of the State of North Carolina shall govern the Contest.
- SEVERABILITY. If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
- Request for the Names of the Winners. For the names of the winners, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and in the body of the email type “Please e-mail me the Winners’ list for the TransImpact GRI Campaign Contest.”
Copyright © 2023 TransImpact. All rights reserved.